Here are a few videos by Dr. Macrene:
Here is what her site says:
MADE IN USA from ingredients sourced in the USA.
NO: Parabens/Propylene Glycol/Fragrance/Plastics/Animal or Human-derived ingredients/Acne/Irritation/Animal Testing
NO: Acne or Irritation
YES: USDA-Certified Organic Plant Extracts/Almost All Ingredients Plant-Derived
YES: 100% Recyclable Glass jar/Recycled Shell Natural Mother-of-Pearl Spatula/US Made Paperboard carton
NEW UPDATED: the World’s Best 50+ Anti-Aging Actives at Most Potent Levels and US Sources
100% ACTIVE to 2 years after jar opening – a FIRST in the industry. Other products lose activity over 1 year, while 37 Actives keeps its potency while in your medicine cabinet.
Actives for All Categories of Skin Aging:
Palmitoyl oiligopeptide & tetrapeptide7; acetyl tetrapeptide…
Glucosamine, ergothioneine, arginine, amino acids…
Bisabolol, coffee, yerba mate tea, feverfew…
Ferulic acid, resveratrol, vitamins c & e…
Peptides, sodium hyaluronate, barley extract (EGF-like)…
Plankton, blue algae, micrococcus, arabidopsis extracts…
Soy, caffeine, minerals, resveratrol…
Dimethicone, squalane, sunflower, sandalwood extracts…
Polyphenols; mushroom, bark, cocoa extracts…
Sodium lactate, glycerin, soy lecithin…
37 Actives does the thinking for you, eliminating the need to layer on dozens of products to cover all your anti-aging needs. This is the FIRST anti-aging cream proven to maintain 100% actives over 2 years after jar opening, an unprecedented achievement in skin care science.
Dr. Macrene defined the various categories of skin aging in years of published research in the best dermatologic journals. The most potent and proven ingredients tackling each category of anti-aging were identified from the best labs around the globe. The world’s best actives were sourced in the USA and Dr. Macrene’s patented technology used to combine them at actively and at active levels in a single cream.
Giving back: 10% of profits are donated to Harvard University for research and education grants to help understand and fight cancers, including skin cancer.
37 Actives Cleansing Treatment
Specially formulated to both cleanse and treat your skin. We’ve added even more actives including Vitamin B5 (panthenol), Vitamin B3 (niacinamide), Vitamin B7 (biotin), Glycerin, Organic Green Tea, Organic Pomegranate, Organic Olive Leaf, Organic Aloe, Organic Spearmint and Peppermint, plant-derived surfactants that are sulfate-free, and Pentavitin for superior hydration. Our Cleansing Treatment is proven to deliver cosmetic results while also protecting the pH and helping to maintain the health of the skin barrier.
In line with the formulation of all 37 Actives products, the Cleansing Treatment is formulated with USDA-certified organically grown extracts, and plant-derived preservatives and surfactants. It is FREE of parabens, sulfates, propylene glycol, fragrance, animal or human derived ingredients, petrolatum, or oils. This non animal-tested cleanser is designed to keep skin blemish-free while improving redness, pigmentation, sun damage and wrinkles.
Key ingredients include:
- Pentavitin: 100% natural, plant-derived active that ensures deep hydration and generates a moisture reservoir that lasts for 72 hours. Strengthens skin barrier function
- Vitamin B7: Biotin helps to regulate sebum, which controls the skin’s moisture balance
- Provitamin B5: Panthenol stabilizes the skin barrier function, reducing the amount of water lost through the skin, and acts as a natural skin healer and protectant. It also offers relief from itchiness and reduces redness
- Vitamin B3: Niacinamide increases production of ceramides and fatty acids, two key components of the skin’s outer protective barrier. Helps soothe, moisturize, and even skin tone, reducing the appearance of acne
- Glycerin: With wonderful cleansing, emollient, and soothing properties, glycerin acts as a humectant, attracting water to the skin to restore suppleness
- Organic Spearmint Extract: Mint contains high levels of salicylic acid which helps loosen dead skin cells to prevent them from clogging pores. Anti-pruritic properties help soothe and calm infected or itchy skin
- Organic Peppermint Extract: Known for its anti-acne properties, peppermint is also helpful in increasing blood flow to improve dull skin
- Organic Green Tea: This power ingredient has significant antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, with studies suggesting green tea extracts can help prevent ultraviolet radiation damage
- Organic Pomegranate: High in vitamins and antioxidants, pomegranate also has anti-microbial, anti-inflammatory and anti-aging properties
- Organic Aloe Vera: This desert plant is packed with active compounds that benefit the skin such as mucopolysaccharides, which fight bacteria and help to rebuild new tissue, along with flavonoid antioxidants to protect skin cells from damage
- Organic Olive Leaf: Extracted from the leaves of the olive tree, oleuropein is a superb antioxidant for cleansing skin; Proven to reduce reddening of the skin and dehydration as much as 35 percent better than vitamin E
- Plant-derived surfactants: Sulfate-free gentle foaming based on shea and coco to gently cleanse and nourish.
While I don’t know the science behind how Dr. Macrene keeps the 37 active ingredients 100% potent for up to 2 years; I’m sure it is a closely guarded secret, so I can’t agree or disagree with this claim. I do wish that the creams were packaged in either darker glass or a more opaque container with a pump (for the cream), as extra precaution to preserve the ingredients effectiveness from oxygen and the light. The mother of pearl spoon for the cream is a nice touch, but I would rather have a plastic one if it would make the product less expensive.
Packaging aside I like the texture and the scent of the cream and cleanser. I definitely like the cream and the ingredient list is impressive, I do wish it contained sunscreen. I could see how the sunscreen was left out of the ingredients so that you could use the product at night as well.
After using the cream until I scraped the last bit out of the jar I can say my skin was noticeably tighter and brighter with less under eye circles.
While I was impressed with the cream, I was less so with the cleanser. While it did a good job of cleansing the skin without over stripping the skin of its natural oils I don’t feel it does a better job than many other less expensive cleansers. Yes it contains many great skin care ingredients but at the end of the day a cleanser is a product that is not meant to remain on the skin, it is washed off so even with all those great ingredients I don’t feel you get enough of a benefit from them to justify the cost of $79.00 US.