Why I like it:
Most S.A.D (Seasonal Affective Disorder) lamps are small desktop lights that have to be positioned just right to be effective. This floor lamp is much more versatile; it stands 4 feet tall fully assembled with a rotating head which allows you to angle the light for maximum comfort. Electronically powered ballast assures reliable performance with no flicker and no hum. Offers 10,000 lux at Full Spectrum Lighting a comfortable distance of 12 inches, UV blocked. Made in Canada following strict CSA safety guidelines, Canadian Standards Association. I put it together myself in under 5 minutes.
Why I Like it:
It talks to your phone using Bluetooth giving you real-time feedback with the Oral-B app focuses brushing on your most important areas, tracks habits over time, motivates with helpful oral care tips, and senses when you brush too hard! Cross Action round brush head with perfectly angled bristles for a precise clean; though my favorite brush that comes with it is the whitening brush. I feel like I just came from a dental check up. Clinically proven superior 3D cleaning oscillates, rotates and pulsates to break up and remove up to 100% more plaque than a regular manual toothbrush.
Rechargeable with 6 modes: Daily Clean, Gum Care, Sensitive, Whitening, Deep Clean, and Tongue Cleaner.
Reminds you to floss and use mouthwash. Keeps a calendar on how long and how many times a day you brush. And more….
I’m lazy when it comes to dental care. The least amount of work the better! So I love to be told by the brush what to do to motive me!
Why I Like it:
Just when I thought Clarisonic couldn’t get better, it did!!! It got intuitive! SMART technology enables the Smart Profile device to read the two new smart enabled brush heads and to automatically adjust between gentle and deep cleansing for an optimal head-to-toe experience. Brush Head replacement indicator illuminates to prompt you when it is time to replace the brush head. Speed auto-adjusts! Amplified turbo speed removes makeup 11x BETTER than hands alone delivering superior cleansing results. You can use 4 manual speeds as well!
Why I Like it:
Heating to a safe 185°C/365°F in mere seconds, this tool evenly distributes heat without damaging your tresses in the process and you control the level of volume. Plus, it’s simple to use, no clips or fuss, you simply brush your hair! I love that it saves time! The bristles glide through your hair without tugging or pulling, creating straight, frizz-free strands fast.
Before Getting Your Hair Colored:
- Don’t wash your hair for 12 – 24 hours before getting your hair colored your natural oils from your scalp protect your scalp from irritation and color holds better to dirty hair when applied (clean hair is slippery and harder for the color to cling to)
- Try Malibu Color Prepare Treatment
- Going dark is gentler on your hair than going lighter
- A keratin treatment in your hair should be done right around the time that you color your strands to seal in the color
- Multidimensional color can trick the eye into thinking there’s more volume
- Drugs may affect hair’s receptivity to dye (ex.thyroid medications, chemotherapy, and some types of hormonal medications)
- Healthy hair holds on to color best: dry or damaged can fade quickly, finer hair lightens faster and coarser hair is more color-resistant
- Don’t wash your hair for at least 3 days to give the cuticle layer time to fully close trapping the color molecule
- Deep condition once you wash your hair the first time after your hair is colored and then once to twice a week after for maintenance – exception to this rule is if your hair is bleached
- Use a shampoo and conditioner formulated for colored hair
- The more you wash your hair the quicker your color will fade, try using a dry shampoo to extend your hair style between washes
- Use a UV Hair Protection Product everyday to keep color from fading (like Klorane Mango Oil)
- If your hair turns green or brassy, wash with a purple-tinted shampoo once a week (like Clairol Shimmer Lights)
- And prevent future damage by coating hair in conditioner before you go to the beach or pool
- Volumizers can fade hair color quicker
- Well water or water that has a high rust content (both of which can deposit minerals that make highlights look brassy), install a shower filter or use a treatment that is specific for well water to remove the minerals
- Use a heat protecting product on your hair if you are using any hot tools on your hair and don’t use the tools on wet hair other than a blow dryer
Believe it or not this is actually made for cats, I use it on my dog and one on myself it is incredible!!!!!!
Removing Make Up
Replacement for Toilet Paper (Make Sure They are Flush-able)
Hair Dye Remover
To Freshen Up at the Gym
Hemorrhoid Wipes (Make Sure They are Flush-able)
Pencil, Pen, Crayon, Newspaper Ink Remover, Computers/Phones/Tablets (Can Streak Screens Sometimes – Don’t Use on Lap Top Screen or Any Flat Panel Monitor), Interior of Cars, Trash Cans, &Skin
In Times of Water Shortage a Sponge (Wipe) Bath
Carpet, Floor, Clothing Blotter
Can Remove Make Up and Deodorant from Clothing
Cat & Dog Paw and Tush Cleaner (Not for Fur)
Pet Hair Remover
Fly Away Hair Tamer
Wipe Off Extra Self Tanner
Cleaning of Car Rims
Remove Sand After Going to the Beach
Remove Food Residue from Hands & Faces
Make a Cold Pack Take a Few fold in Half and Put in a Zip Lock Bag Put in the Freezer (They are Mold-able)
Use on Your Swifter
Disposable Wash Cloth for the Shower
Cleans Your Make Up Brushes
Use Like You Would Tissues to Curl Your Hair
Also, the Empty Baby Wipe Containers Have Endless Uses as a Nice Bonus!
Everyone’s had bad haircuts, and they eventually “grow out,” we know. But it never gets any less painful, especially because our hair grows slower than an elderly snail, and that’s very, very slow. Yet this suffering hasn’t come without benefits: we’re now super knowledgeable of all the ways (proven or not) to make your hair grow faster, scoured from the depths of the Internet. We can’t make any promises, but our advice is deduced from the things that you should do to get healthy hair, and healthy hair is growing hair. So if you’ve ever found yourself wondering what you did to deserve such an awful haircut and how, save a weave, you can remedy the situation, look no further: we’ve got some tips.
It’s hard to be sure if vitamins specifically meant to make hair grow faster really work, but we can say with some confidence (i.e. our own tests) that vitamin deficiencies don’t help. So whether you go for a multivitamin, biotin or Viviscal, if you’re lacking any necessary nutrients in your diet, you’ll probably see a significant difference.
If you’re already eating a balanced diet, some people have still claimed results-Viviscal reviews range from glowing to almost certainly impossible, but the people in the middle usually see a decrease in shedding, and an increase of about a quarter-inch per month. Slow going, but better than nothing. Biotin has about the same effect, with many users commenting on noticeably longer nails and eyelashes, as well.
If you just want to cover all your bases or would rather not go down the vitamin road, try incorporating more protein into your diet. Most lean meats, dairy and whey have enough protein to give you your fill, at least a serving per day. Make sure to add in some sources of Vitamin C and A as well; Vitamin C is found in most citrus-y foods, while Vitamin A is in eggs, carrot and kale, among other things.
Stress is a known cause of hair loss, in extreme cases even leading to alopecia. So it follows that with less hair loss, you’ll notice more hair growth-it’s an “ipso facto” situation. Either way, no one likes stress; worst-case scenario, your hair will grow at its normal rate.
Cut Back on Heat Styling
Similar to stress, frequent heat styling weakens and damages hair, and can lead to breakage, which definitely doesn’t help growth. Healthy hair is the goal-and less breakage means more hair, which is the end game that the goal is for.
Don’t Put Unnecessary Stress on Hair
Although we don’t know who’s still getting cornrows these days, if there’s anyone left, try to lay off. Same goes for super-tight ponytails, because both put stress on the follicle, which needs to be healthy to grow.
Ah yes, the old standby. While it may feel counterintuitive to return to the place that’s caused you such pain, frequent trims do have some merit: by getting rid of split ends as soon as they form, hair growth is kept beneficial instead of dead-end. Pun intended.
Not all oils are created equal when it comes to your hair!
Certain oils like coconut, olive, avocado, & palm (straight-chain glycerides) easily penetrate into the hair cuticle to help make hair stronger, more flexible, waterproof, and better conditioned; reducing the loss of protein! Studies have shown that coconut oil can penetrate up to 90%, followed by olive oil at 25%.
Other oils such as meadowfoam, sunflower, & jojoba (polyunsaturated fats) are larger in formation making it harder for them to penetrate the layers of the cuticles. Meadowfoam penetrates a little; sunflower & jojoba not at all.